Adolescent Counseling Services
Parenting teens and pre-teens is adolescents is challenging. Adolescents will test boundaries and are emotional. Knowing when a teenager’s behaviors are beyond their typical, it will affect not only themselves but the family as a whole. Parents want their children to be healthy, happy, independent and make good choices. During times when adolescents are struggling and unhappy there may be more happening that is causing such changes.
Signs for considering adolescent therapy:
Appears sad, isolates, and has increased mood swings
- Change in academic or athletic performance
- Abnormal amount of anger, acting out, arguing or changes in eating habits
- Change in friend groups
- Discusses being bullied at school
- Engaging in risky or self-harming behaviors
- Changes in sleep or eating patterns
- Complains of: headache, stomachache, or not feeling well despite being healthy
- Major changes to family life-death, divorce, marriages, new children, move
- Sexual, physical, or emotional abuse
- Problems with drugs or alcohol
Adolescent counseling can help your child learn skills to manage feelings, improve negative thoughts, improve self-esteem, heal from traumatic experiences, increase self awareness and self acceptance, and build healthy relationships with others. Counseling can improve your relationship with your child and helping them make healthy life decisions.